Matariki Motor Lodge has entered the Waipa Networks Business Awards 2016!
What are the Waipa Networks Business Awards?
Waipa Networks Business Awards are for all businesses in the Waipa and Raglan areas and are open to Chamber members and non-members. They comprise of:
- Business Excellence – Businesses must nominate and enter themselves and be judged against a set of criteria by independent judges. One category may be entered.
- Customer Service Awards – Businesses complete a nomination form and are also visited by independent judges and marked against customer service criteria. There is a separate award for Te Awamutu, Raglan and Cambridge.
- Customer Choice Awards – Businesses are voted by members of the public during a one month voting period. There is a separate award for Te Awamutu, Raglan and Cambridge.
- Emerging Leader Award – For an individual who demonstrates proven leadership equally in business and the community.
- Employee of the Year Award – Businesses can nominate their staff members to receive this award. There is a separate award for Te Awamutu, Raglan and Cambridge. There is also a ‘People Manager of the Year’ Award for Te Awamutu.
- Excellence in Sustainability and Community Contribution – This is a special judge’s awards and not open for separate entry. All Excellence category entrants will be considered.
- Award for recognition of outstanding contribution to services to business in the Waipa.
The Te Awamutu and Cambridge Chambers of Commerce in partnership with the Raglan Chamber, convene these Awards and regard them as a valuable business development tool providing an opportunity for all businesses to receive recognition for their achievements and celebrate their contribution to our business environment and community.
The Judging Process
Once again, in 2016 the judging process will be very similar to the process used last year, comprising of a desktop business study by staff from the Waikato University School of Management, based on the completed entry each business has submitted.
Judging and awards are completed on the basis of the information submitted by entrants along with site visits by an independent judging panel . The process relies on the integrity of entrants to provide complete and honest appraisals of their business management systems.