Located in central Waikato Te Awamutu is a fantastic base from which visit Mount Pirongia, Mount Maungatautari, Waitomo, Otorohanga, Kawhia, Lake Karapiro, Mystery Creek Events Centre and even Hamilton, after all why stay in a busy city when you want some time out to relax.
- 3 minutes to Te Awamutu BMX club
- 3 minutes to Livingstone Aquatic Centre and ASB Stadium
- 5 minutes to Kihikihi Domain, the home of Kihikihi Speedway, Kihikihi Polo Club and Kihikihi International Horse Trial
- 4 excellent Golf courses within 15 minutes drive – ask about our golf packages
- 15 minutes to Hamilton Airport and Mystery Creek
- 20 minutes to Sanctuary Mountain, Maungatautari
- 20 minutes to Otorohanga and the Kiwi House
- 25 minutes to Lake Karapiro, Mighty River Domain
- 40 minutes to Waitomo and the world famous Glow Worm Caves
- 40 minutes to Hobbiton Movie Set
- 50 minutes to Raglan and its famous left hand surf break
Waitomo / Otorohanga
Just 40 minutes from Te Awamutu the Waitomo Caves is famous for its glowworm caves. Enjoy the guided tourist attractions and adventure activities on offer – ask about the 10% discount voucher available from reception – or take a quieter trip exploring some of the free activities such as the Natural Bridge and local walks.
Just north of Waitomo is Otorohanga, home of the Otorohanga Kiwi House. View New Zealand’s kiwi as well as a range of other native birds or enjoy a walk through the main street with its Kiwiana displays.
Te Awamutu Rose Gardens and Event Centre
In central Te Awamutu just a short stroll from the main street is the Rose Gardens and park. A beautiful spot to sit or stroll during spring and summer the rose gardens are just the spot for some quiet time out.
And for the family who need to use up some energy there is a fabulous childrens playground situated at the north end of the park right next door to the Te Awamutu Events Centre. The centre has swimming facilties including toddlers pool and hydroslide for year round entertainment.